Boy Is Covered In Bloody Sores Will Never Be Same, Mom Sick At What Caused It

Image result for Boy Is Covered In Bloody Sores Will Never Be Same, Mom Sick At What Caused It

A mother took to social media to warn others after her son was given Ibuprofen to treat his chicken pox and he ended up getting severely ill.

Hayley Lyons shared photos of the reaction her son, Lewis, suffered because of Ibuprofen, and explained in an accompanying post how unaware she was of the dangers of using the anti-inflammatory medication for chicken pox.

“Chickenpox is going round again can I please remind people NOT to give your children nurofen/ibuprofen. 4 different doctors from our local Hospital (out of hours) prescribed it for Lewis as we couldn’t get his temp down. They even administered it to him in A&E,” she wrote in the post, the Manchester Evening News reported.

“This type of medicine is an anti inflammatory, it reacts with chicken pox making them go deeper into the skin tissue. It was only when we took Lewis to Alder Hey because the doctors from our hospital kept sending him home saying it was ‘just chicken pox’ we found this out. He ended up with septicaemia and was admitted straight to Alder Hey as soon as we arrived there. Only because we persevered an took Lewis to a children’s hospital off our own back was he ok. This could have ended up so much worse if it wasn’t for those doctors at Alder Hey and their advice, care and knowledge.”

Lyons said she didn’t question her son’s doctors when they prescribed Ibuprofen, despite the fact that there were warnings about it on the internet. Following the horrific incident, Lyons told the Manchester Evening News that her son had suffered long-lasting effects from the severe reaction.

“Lewis is fine now. It happened 10 months ago but he still has the scars,” she said. “My friend’s daughter has chickenpox so when I saw that it was going round again I decided to share these photos of Lewis among family and friends. I didn’t expect the response to be as big as this. I didn’t share the pictures at the time it happened because it was just so horrific. Parents need to be aware that this can happen.”

Many readers expressed shock over the terrifying health scare.

“When kids had chicken pox i didn’t give them nothing but bath them cool water with baking soda to help the ich, feel so bad he had such a bad experience and the scars that it will leave but they will fade as he gets older i hope he is better now,” one Mad World News reader commented on the site’s Facebook page.

“So sorry for this poor little child. I hope that he may get some help with healing so it won’t follow him forever. Thank goodness for Mum’s common sense, and pity that doctors still think they are god. Look at the poor baby, they are not, and should come down from their high horses. God Bless this family,” another wrote.

“Why did he not have the vaccine? Children don’t have to suffer with chickenpox and sometimes it can be a severe illness,” another added.

Click in adverts to see video !!

Leave a Comment